Job Title: Family Support Coordinator
Blanchardstown Local Drugs & Alcohol Task Force offices.
Working relationships with:
Local Family Support Groups, Community Based Drug Initiatives, Statutory, Voluntary and Community Organisations.
- To co-ordinate, support and develop all aspects of Family Support services throughout the Dublin 15 area;
- To facilitate the development of an integrated system of Family Support services and Groups, such that all families affected by drugs or alcohol misuse receive appropriate support;
- To plan, organise, develop and implement an overall strategy for family support in Dublin 15 taking account of all relevant stakeholders in conjunction with the services and families of Dublin 15
- To ensure highest ethical and professional standards of care and good practice are delivered in a safe environment; promoting the the use of evidence based interventions (i.e. The 5-Step Method/CRAFT)
- To work with family support groups in developing their facilitation skills, group planning, activities, respite and training
- To support and coordinate the Local Drugs & Alcohol Task Force in identifying and establishing new family support groups
- To deliver evidence-based Family Support programmes such as Parenting Under Pressure as appropriate.
- To liaise with and foster good relationships with the relevant agencies/local communities.
- To develop and implement management information systems appropriate to the service or group
- To link in with the National Family Support Network to avail of support from the network’s development workers, keep abreast with network events, training and campaigns.
- To support and ensure that Family Support Groups operate within the good practice guidelines and quality standards in family support.
- To develop and maintain a facilitator peer supervision network.
- To organise and or deliver in-service training for BLDATF and the Family Support
- To identify and source channels of funding, including the preparing and submission of applications on behalf of family support groups.
- To prepare, produce and present work plans and reports for the Local Drugs and Alcohol Taskforce and the management committee of the position.
- 3rd level qualification in direct family support work or in a related field
- 3 years+ frontline paid experience working with families affected by substance misuse
- Open and innovative approach to work
- Experience of inter-agency working in a similar setting
- Excellent knowledge of broad range of evidence based interventions in family support
- Experience in care plan development and formal assessment
- Full car Driver’s license & access to car
- Excellent communication skills & team work
- Proven record of working to a client centred non-judgmental ethos
- Training/accreditation in 5 Step, CRAFT & similar interventions
- Knowledge of family programmes such as Triple P, SFP, parenting plus etc
- Experience of group facilitation
- Experience of training delivery & workshop planning
Send your application and curriculum vitae
by email to:
or by snail mail to:
Blanchardstown Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force,
Probation and more:
This post is a permanent post and is subject to completing 12 months satisfactory probation.
35 hours per week
Salary of €44,000 pa